Quality management ensures successful projects
Wemasto Oy’s primary goal is to develop its own operations continuously to ensure customer satisfaction.
Our operations are steered according to the SFS-EN ISO 9001:2015 quality management system. We develop our production methods and use the optimal equipment in order to be able to meet ever-stricter quality requirements and fast delivery times. Wemasto Oy’s welding quality system has been certified by Inspect Sertifiointi Oy in accordance with the requirements of SFS-EN ISO 3834-2.
ISO 3834-2:2005 – Certificate No. 10051-01 – Wemasto Oy
Trained and experienced staff
The expertise and strong professional competence of Wemasto Oy’s staff stem from extensive experience in mechanical engineering and installation work, a comprehensive background in welding, overall commitment and continuous training.
As such, our staff include experts with IWE, IWT, IWS, IWI-C and Lead Auditor qualifications.
Personal and methodological qualifications for permanent joints are ensured in accordance with the harmonised standards SFS-EN ISO 9606-1, SFS-EN ISO 9606-4 and SFS-EN ISO 15614-1 by an authorised third party.
With regard to the design, production and conformity assessment of new pressure equipment and device assemblies, we apply the Government Decree on Pressure Equipment (1548/2016), i.e. the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED, 2014/68/EU).
As regards installations, repairs and modifications of pressure equipment, we apply the procedures laid down in Section 76 of the Pressure Equipment Act (1144/2016) and Section 17 of the Government Decree on Pressure Equipment Safety (1549/2016), while ensuring adherence to the essential safety requirements of the Pressure Equipment Directive.
PED Module A2 – Certificate No. x10536-01 – Wemasto Oy
Welding procedure qualifications (WPQR) and specifications (WPS)
Wemasto Oy’s quality system includes welding procedure specifications (WPS) and welding procedure qualification records (WPQR) for various materials, such as P235GH, P355N, 16Mo3, 10CrMo9-10, 316L, 321, DUPLEX, Alloy 20, 625, 825, 800 and so on.
We are constantly updating our methods for new processes and materials according to our customers’ needs.
Wemasto Oy’s testing for the approval of welding methods is more extensive than required by the procedural test standard ISO 15614-1 (in its minimum requirements).
- We are aware that special use, materials or manufacturing conditions may require more comprehensive testing in the context of product standards (or the customer’s/manufacturer’s instructions) to yield the necessary information.
- We also ensure that, based on method approval, weld joints prepared according to welding procedures compliant with the SFS-EN ISO 15609-1 standard meet the requirements placed on them.
WM WPQR WPS luettelo rev.3 (15.3.2019) – Wemasto Oy
Our certified operations
Our certified operational procedures and instructions describe our practices and methods:
- How Wemasto Oy observes Module A2 of the Pressure Equipment Directive (2014/68/EU) in the production of new class I and II pressure equipment.
- How Wemasto oy adheres to the examination procedure in Module G (Conformity based on unit verification), which involves the notified body preparing the design assessment and final assessment of the product in the manufacture of new class I, II, III and IV pressure equipment.
- How Wemasto Oy applies national regulations with regard to the modifications and repairs of (unregistered) pressure equipment in accordance with the Government Decree on Pressure Equipment Safety (1549/2016) and Annex III, Module A2 of the Pressure Equipment Directive.
- How Wemasto Oy applies Module G on the modifications and repairs of registered pressure equipment (piping, vessel, autoclave, pressurised accessories) in accordance with the Government Decree on Pressure Equipment Safety (1549/2016):
- The procedure in question involves the preparation of a repair plan on which our selected inspection body (approved body) issues a statement or decision, based on which we them conduct the repairs or modifications according to plan.
- The approved inspection body checks the work and the relevant documentation and grants a certificate of conformity.
- Wemasto Oy issues a declaration of conformity and hands over the work documents to the owner.
- How Wemasto Oy takes into account the procedures of the Government Decree on Safety Requirements for Industrial Handling and Storage of Dangerous Chemicals (856/2012), in which Section 47 states that at least class I requirements (at least Module A) must be applied to pipes carrying hazardous chemicals, even if the pipes are not subject to class I requirements in the pressure equipment regulations.
- How Wemasto Oy adheres to the requirements regarding welding quality management systems according to the specifications under level 2 (comprehensive requirements) of the SFS-EN ISO 3834 standard (quality requirements for the fusion welding of metals).